Wednesday 5 December 2012

The story behind betty loves paper



I started making paper bunting for friends a few years ago after they had admired some Christmas stars I had made to hang in my kitchen. I gave strings away as birthday presents, it was a way of giving something personal and unique. As a habitual hoarder of old wrapping paper, maps and picture books and always being short of time, I ended up often making these gifts from the scraps I had in piles under the stairs.


Bee's Birthday Map Stars


Jacob's Boys Bunting
Following these one off strings of bunting I had the opportunity to create something on a much bigger scale.  This was to decorate a marque for the wedding of some very special friends of mine.  I used an old Atlas and a 1970's Topper annual to produce 50 2m heart garlands, strung with coloured ribbon.  They moved gently in the breeze and looked stunning in the September sunshine.

Wedding Garlands
I received such a positive response, with guests wanting to take them home a souvenirs I got to thinking I could do more than just share them with my friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment