Wednesday 19 December 2012

Christmas cards - just for fun.


I thought I'd share the Reindeer cards/tags I've made as my christmas cards this year.  I used old maps, a couple from the Bartholomew series which have really rich colours and a one-inch Ordnance Survey Map.


I've always loved maps, for the names of places, the patterns contours, roads, rivers and rail lines make and I particularly enjoy the colours.  As with other paper cutting that uses recycled materials I find the serendipity of patterns and shapes that reveal themselves really exciting.  I love letting it happen.




To complete the tags I used bakers yarn - here they are ready to make their journeys with christmas messages to friends and family.


It gave me great pleasure to send locations that related to where my friends live or are from.




No comments:

Post a Comment